If the 240V transformer for your halogen light doesn’t perform properly when you make the move to LED replacement bulbs, consider our highly efficient 12 Volt DC switchmode power supply. These power supplies are designed specifically to drive MR16 LED (halogen replacement) bulbs. Use it to replace the inefficient transformer supplied with most halogen fittings.
They are suitable for domestic and commercial applications and are perfect for combining with our LED MR16 globes to replace those power-hungry halogen downlights.
- Approximately 1.1W (10W driver)/2.5W (20W driver) loss in driver compared with 5-15W from electronic transformers = better overall efficiency
- DC output means the LED bulb itself runs cooler (electronics in bulb doesn’t work as hard) increasing bulb lifetime
- DC input gives a (slightly) brighter light output
- 220-240V (AC) input
- 12V (DC) output
- Looping terminals on 240V AC side for adding more drivers to the one switched circuit
- 3 separate output circuits allow for simplified wiring of multiple bulbs
Please note: These units need to be wired into the mains power and so should be installed by an electrician.