Renew is Australia’s leading not-for-profit organisation, promoting sustainable technology and practice. Renew’s International Projects Group was formed in 2003 to “assist communities to access sustainable technologies” and has delivered over 100 projects in East Timor and Vanuatu. Since then Renew volunteers and professionals have committed to capacity building, training, local empowerment and a focus on the poorest rural communities.
Donations to the Renew’s work in East Timor have the benefits of:
- – Supporting tangible practical outcomes for the rural poor
- – Building the skills and capacity of East Timorese technicians and community institutions
- – Promoting renewable energy as the most effective and low cost solution for remote area power needs.
Recent achievements of Renew’s International Projects Group include:
- – Village Lighting: from 2015-2017, delivered lighting to more than 1960 households in 16 villages in East Timor. Each household receives a solar panel and four LED lights and contributes to a community fund for system maintenance and upkeep. This project is continuing to expand into other villages and districts.
- – Solar Technicians: Renew has delivered accredited practical training for solar power installers. In addition, more than 180 local solar technicians have been trained to install and maintain small household systems.
TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS for Light Up East Timor are made through the Renew’s Renewable Energy Development Trust.