Renew is Australia’s leading not-for-profit organisation promoting sustainable technology and practice. Renew’s International Projects Group was formed in 2003 to assist communities to access sustainable technologies and has delivered over 100 projects in Timor-Leste and Vanuatu. Since then Renew volunteers and professionals have committed to capacity building, training and local empowerment with a focus on the poorest rural communities.
Donations to the Renew’s work in Timor-Leste have the benefits of:
- – Supporting tangible practical outcomes for the rural poor
- – Building the skills and capacity of Timorese technicians and community institutions
- – Promoting renewable energy as the most effective and low cost solution for remote area power needs.
Recent achievements of Renew’s International Projects Group include:
- – Funding through the Google Impact Challenge in 2014 enabled us to develop a solar lighting prototype for households with enhanced functionality and performance monitoring features. In 2015-16 we rolled out the improved system to 600 homes in three districts and trained an additional 30 technicians.
- – In 2017 Renew and its partners lit up a further 185 rural homes and trained eight new local solar technicians, directly benefiting about 1,300 people. A grant from the Andrew McNaughtan Foundation enabled us to work on a new ‘Guiding Lights’ project – developing picture-based guides for accessible community education on solar energy.
- – In 2018 we will continue to install solar systems while also focusing on how to scale up the impact of our experience, knowledge and relationships to deliver solar lighting and energy to more people than ever and ensure that the lights stay on.
All deductions of $2 or more are fully tax-deductible and you will receive a receipt for tax purposes.